Facebook comments plugin are going well due to more social experience. You can moderate comments like other commenting systems as well as you can make your Facebook friend as a comment moderator. Further there more advantages of using them are listed in the post.
Where to start?
Create a Facebook app
- Go to Facebook Developer's page
- Click Apps and Add a new app (as shown):
- Now select Website in popup menu.
- Now name your app, maybe your blog name or something you like.
- Then click Create a new app id.
- Now select the category and make Is this a test version of another app? remain to No.
- Then click confirm.
- Click on the apps in navigation.
- Click on your app.
- Go to settings in left sidebar (as shown):
- In settings write your email address in Contact Email field.
- Click save changes.
- Now go to Status & Review on left sidebar.
- Now just set your app to public by clicking on the toggle button.
- Do not fill any field just click on get code.
- Now select your app your created in the popup box, it is a necessary step do not leave it.
Now find <b:includable id='comments' var='post'> and paste the following code just below it.
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>Now find <head> and paste the following code just below it:
<div class="fb-comments" expr:data-href="data:blog.title" data-numposts="5" data-colorscheme="light"></div>
<center>FB Comments Tutorial By <a href='http://bloggerever.com' target='_blank'>Blogger Ever</a></center>
<meta content='YOUR_APP_ID' property='fb:app_id'/>Replace YOUR_APP_ID with your App Id you noted before.
How to moderate comments
Advantages of using Facebook Comment Box
- Facebook have about 1 billion registered users.
- It makes easy to comment while logged in to Facebook
- The comment sometimes get shared on commentator's wall.
- Others can like the comment and your post will get a social boost with every like and comment.