Blogger being the world's biggest blog publisher has provided the solution of each and every problem. Perhaps, you need to find them out. Recently, a detailed study of Blogger mobile template showed some major features that can help you to create a better mobile template. Have a look at what we have here:
Your choices makes difference
Ready Made Mobile Templates
The template shows a few widgets and have a very limited stuff in template. As you cannot much customize the template means, this option is for those who do not know how to code and do not have resources.
- Ready made, never requires any customization.
- Specially designed after the needs of mobile readers.
- Light weight, loads faster.
- Nothing for advance users.
- Do not show some major elements as their is not sidebar in mobile template.
- You have to use Blogger Pages Widget in order display in template, means no multiple drop-down.
Show Desktop Template
However, this option is still popular due to DIY design options.
- Can be used on advance levels as you can add stuff of your choice.
- Better level customization.
- Includes extra scripts
- [Sometimes] increases page loading time.
Mobile custom Template
<b:if cond="data:blog.isMobile">Let say their is a banner which I want to show to only mobile users then I will add it like this:
<b:if cond="data:blog.isMobile">Following are the widgets that will show-up on default, others will not display until you the attribute for mobile is added.
<!--Rest Of Your Code-->
<b:widget id='BlogArchive1' title='Blog Archive' mobile='yes' type='BlogArchive'>Following are the values of mobile attribute: